October 20, 2016
When it’s time to have your home painted, it can be easy to want to rush and get the job done quickly. A freshly painted house looks great and it can be tempting to get started painting without the right preparation. Even some professionals will skip the preparation steps to try and save time, but often with undesired consequences. Unfortunately, as the homeowner you are the one that has to deal with the result of a rushed paint job that was done without adequate prep.
Any painting project requires certain preparation steps before applying the paint. This is especially true for exterior painting projects, for several reasons:
- The exterior of your home is subjected to all sorts of environmental abuse, from rain, hail, ice or snow, as well as varying levels of humidity throughout the year. Only a properly prepped paint job will resist these environmental factors.
- Dirt, dust and debris can accumulate on your exterior walls, which, if left uncleaned, can keep your paint from adhering properly. In a very short time, your paint may start to peel or flake.
- When you start painting without first inspecting your exterior walls and properly prepping them, you risk covering up telltale signs of damage, moisture and other problems that might creep back over time.
Our Shoreline Painting experts are trained to follow all of the critical exterior painting preparation steps. We never rush to slap a coat of paint on a house. We always take the time to prep your walls properly. These steps include:
- Inspecting every surface we will be painting and noting any repairs or replacements needed before we begin applying paint.
- Thoroughly washing all surfaces to be painted to ensure that all dust, dirt and moisture is gone, as these can keep paint from adhering properly.
- Performing the necessary sanding, scraping, patching, repairs, sealing and priming, to guarantee the best base for when we start painting.
We take pride in our work and will treat your home like it is our own. When we put in a little bit of extra effort in prepping the exterior of your home for painting, the result is a higher quality paint job that will look amazing for many years. Many of our customers are referrals from other satisfied customers and we want to keep our great reputation intact. A freshly painted house with the Shoreline Painting name on the lawn is the best advertisement we have for the quality of our work, today and down the road.
Contact us today and we’ll be happy to give you a free estimate for your exterior repainting project and give you details on the prep that will be performed prior to painting. We’ll answer any questions you might have and make sure you understand the importance of proper exterior paint prep.
September 28 2018
August 29 2018
July 30 2018
June 28 2018
May 29 2018
March 28 2018
February 28 2018
January 29 2018
December 29 2017